Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Chicken Salad Sandwich Filling...

 Yesterday we went berry picking so I threw together some chicken salad sandwich filling that got rave reviews. Let's see what you think. I started with 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, simmered in a small pot with just enough water to cover. I added 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning, and 1 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt. I simmered until just tender. The house smelled heavenly!

 I chopped the chicken up after letting it cool. Save the broth the chicken left behind, it will make delicious soup. I then took 1/4 cup freeze dried celery and reconstituted it. My source is a company by the name of Shelf Reliance. They have awesome products so check them out. Anyhew...I then crumbled three slices of crisply cooked bacon, and added 1/2 cup Craisins. Don't you love Craisins?
I also added 1/2 cup minced sweet onion, 1/2 minced apple, 1/2 cup each plain yogurt and mayonnaise, 2 tsp. creamy horseradish, 1/2 tsp Lawry's, 1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper.
Stir well, but gently. Serve on any good bread. You might consider adding walnuts or pecans, chopped to the mix, but I didn't due to not knowing if anyone had allergies or not. This makes enough for 8 nicely filled sandwiches. Enjoy!
Chicken Salad Sandwich Spread
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts simmered in a small pot with 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning, and 1 tsp Lawry's Seasoning salt, chopped
1/2 cup each, Craisins, minced sweet onion, minced apple, mayonnaise, and plain yogurt
1/4 cup Thrive celery reconstituted, or 1/2 cup minced celery
3 slices bacon, cooked til crisp, crumbled
2 tsp lemon pepper, creamy horseradish
1/2 tsp Lawry's

No comments:

Post a Comment