Friday, May 29, 2009

Robins and things.....

As I stand at my easel painting this robin is busy gathering food for little ones. Sometimes he will come sit under my window, cock his head and look up at me, trying to figure out what I'm doing I suppose. I should give him what for for waking me up every morning at 4 am. Have you ever noticed that this time of year the birds all rise at 4am and start their chirping in tandem? It starts with one, then another and all of a sudden it sounds as if every robin on the planet is right outside the window. It's like airplanes taking off or trains passing by though, you do get used to the noise.
Here's a recipe for all you chicken salad lovers. It's probably a bit to yuppie for my hubby, but Annie loved it so it's a keeper.

Bowtie Pasta Chicken Salad
1 c. cooked, cubed chicken, preferably smoked.
1 small apple, chopped
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/4 c. fresh chives, snipped
1/2 5 oz container gorgonzola cheese
3/4 c. each plain non fat yogurt and mayonnaise
2 T. honey dijon mustard
2 c. uncooked mini bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
Combine all ingredients. Season to taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment