Friday, April 17, 2009

Halleluha!!!! Sleep at last!

The last two nights I actually got at least 7 hours of sleep, which doesn't happen! So the exercise is starting to work. Still so tired but that's due to lack of water I think. So I'm trying to get more water down, and to relax more before bed. I usually am working right up until and that's not productive.
The exercise is coming along okay. Wow! I'm so out of shape! I've not been like this for a few years and it's frustrating! The food intake is another thing. I start out with good intentions each day but fall about lunch time as I've been so tired. When I'm tired I crave sugar. Bad combo that.
I've decided to keep a food journal and make myself accountable for all I eat. So here's me tattling on myself. This morning I had 1 pancake with a light smear of butter, and a dab of maple syrup , some fresh cantaloupe, and 1 hard boiled egg. I've had 2- 16 oz. glasses of water so far today. Later I had the crumbs in the bottom of the tortilla chip bag. Lunch is coming up but haven't settled on that one yet.
Here's an easy recipe for salmon lovers, and for those who don't particularly like salmon this will have you asking for more.

1- 1 lb. fillet Salmon, thawed
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. Balsamic vinegar
4 T. soy sauce

You can add chopped green onion, cilantro, and or garlic to this mix. You can also substitute lemon or lime juice for the vinegar. Mix all ingredients together and place in flat dish. Lay the salmon in this and turn over a couple of times. Let marinate in this for at least 2 hours. Drain and grill, or put the salmon and marinade in frying pan and cook over medium heat, turning once or twice, until all liquid is gone or salmon is done. I've never had anyone not like this recipe, and it has won over several who wouldn't eat salmon before. We usually have this with white rice and a nice salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment