Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Mexican Pesto Turkey Wrap

 I really hadn't forgotten to add some recipes using the Mexican Pesto, but it was one of those weekends where it was either run away with the computer to a quiet place..... or tend to the tasks at hand. Since today is a day I can have more flexibility, here I am! I started with a flour tortilla that I warmed over a hot burner, flipping and pulling the tortilla across the hot spiral until it was soft and toasted.
 I then took some of my Yhonnaise, which is half plain yogurt and half real mayo, not the low fat variety (blech!!) and mixed a bit of the Mexican Pesto in it to make a nice creamy sauce.
 This I spread over the tortilla, you can go as thin or thick as you want. I would do more next time...
 I added some shredded turkey......
 and piled on top of that some chopped tomato, green onion and shredded lettuce. I topped that with a slice of pepper jack cheese, but I think I would try extra sharp cheddar next time. And, I might try to add some chopped fruit such as apple or grapes to the mix.
Then I rolled, tucking the tortilla edge over the turkey and veggies, until I had a nice little wrap. This was delicious with a bunch of grapes on the side. Easy, pretty healthy, and filling!

Mexican Pesto Turkey Wrap
flour tortillas
shredded turkey
Mexican Pesto Sauce - 1/3 each plain yogurt, real mayo and Mexican Pesto
chopped tomato
chopped green onion, one per wrap
shredded lettuce
pepper jack or shredded extra sharp cheese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment