Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thrifty Thursday Upcycle Tip for Kitchens

I love yard sales, garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores! You can find so many treasures and come up with so many ways to use things otherwise thrown away. I have had this lattice work for a window hanging around for awhile. I knew what I wanted to do with it, but was waiting to get it painted. I think I only paid a couple of dollars for it, and I love how it looks as a hanger for kitchen gadgets. I still have to place it permanently, but I wanted to get an idea of how it would look so I tacked it up last year. There's still more spots to hang from but I need to redo my walls before I make this permanent. What I like is that it is unique, utilizes a wall that would otherwise be blank and empty as it's in a nook in the entry to the kitchen, but close to the stove. What do you think, keep it or trash it?

No comments:

Post a Comment