Thursday, April 3, 2014

Whipped Coconut Macaroon Body Butter

I have a camp leaders meeting in a few moments so no glamor shots of my cream tonight. I wanted to share though, as I am already loving this new recipe I found and of course tweaked to my own taste using what I had on hand.
We had a Spa night last night for our young women at church. One of my counselors has a skin care business, and we both love to use natural ingredients as much as possible for a variety of endeavors. So she taught them how to make their own foot scrub, and I taught the girls a simple recipe for body cream that smells much like coconut macaroons. This is just a basic recipe, to which you can add 20-40 drops of your favorite essential oils, or fragrance. I rather like it as is, except that now I want to make some cookies...lol. All ingredients you can find at your local grocery/ pharmacy stores, or go online if you prefer. I used some today after my shower, and didn't suffer from the itching I normally do when using store bought lotions or creams. This is a much easier to put together cream than my normal recipe, and much less time consuming. Have fun and let me know what you think!

Whipped Coconut Macaroon Body Butter

1/2 cup coconut oil. (Do not melt, it whips better if you don't and whips up easily)
1 T. olive oil, avocado oil, or hazelnut oil
2 T. aloe vera gel  (optional)
1 T glycerin

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whip until all lumps or grains are gone. Add your essential oils or fragrance and whip until well blended.
*Note- You can use a hand mixer, or a Kitchenaide with the wire whisk attachment, either work well, but the stand mixer is faster. It takes about 5 minutes to whip this up.
If your home is a bit warm and you find this getting a bit soft, place it in the fridge. It will work fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment