Sunday, October 7, 2018

Gala Apple, Celery & Pecan Salad with Figs

I discovered a version of this salad last winter when I was looking for a nice crispy salad for a linger longer at church. It's a perfect blend of sweet, tart, and savory, which is a big hit around here, well except for with Nature Guy, but that just leaves more for the rest of us!

Enough chatter, let's get to the fixings!

Gala Apple, Celery and Pecan Salad with Figs

SALAD

6 c. thinly sliced Gala apples, (cored)

2 cups thinly cut on the bias celery

1/2 c. chopped dried figs

1/2 c. chopped toasted pecans or walnuts

DRESSING

2 T. lemon or orange juice (I tried orange juice today, and I think I like it better!)

2 T. Dijon or yellow mustard, either is great

1 T. each honey and real maple syrup, or just use all honey or all syrup

I/3 cup olive oil

1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all dressing ingredients in a medium size bowl. Core, slice and add to dressing the apples, mixing to coat. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to coat. Whalaa! Fresh and crisp, deliciousness in the middle of winter, or anytime. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment