Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu and getting prepared...

I went to the store today to pick up a few fresh things, and for the first time I actually used the Clorox wipes they have by the carts to wipe the handles and such. I had never noticed them before, but today they caught my eye.

I heard a good bit of info today on the radio that I thought I would pass along. With all the buzz about the swine flu and possible pandemic the suggestion was put forth to do a couple of things. First, make sure you have at least 2 weeks of food and water to live on if we get hit with a pandemic. As already seen in Mexico, folks are being told to stay home and indoors. So look around your kitchen and pantry right now and see what you might need to do to be prepared.

It was also suggested that if things do get bad, and so far here in the US they aren't expected to, what would you do with your children for 2 weeks if the schools got closed down. Yay??? So just a couple of things to think about.

My heart and prayers go out to the people of Mexico. Not only are they having to deal with the flu situation, but in Mexico City they've had a few quakes that are swaying buildings and scaring an already stressed out population. So tonight, before we all hit the sack, won't you stop and send a prayer up for those folks in Mexico?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl - What a lovely blog! - you are the winner of my COM - ironic, since I see you are making such positve changes to your diet and life - BUT - you will be the proud owner of a Sweet B Lollipop Baby. - send me an email with your addy and I will send him off to you.

    - P.S - I can totally relate to the mo/no post - my 2yr old likes to say "pop" which means stop and "back" - when we get too close - both commands are given at the top of his voice - my oh my!

    - Sweet B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amelia! And you know, a little candy once in awhile keeps the grouchies away. I'm more of a cookie fan so that's where I have to exercise self control.
    Emmett has taken to screeching loudly at such a high note he would put most opera singers to shame. Two is so adorably cute and not! :-)Sheryl

    ReplyDelete