Saturday, April 10, 2021

Sometimes You Win, and Sometimes You Have To Try Again

I recently bought this really nifty vintage metal cabinet that had been painted white, but had no top. I found some wide wood boards at Home Depot, and made a top for the cabinet, then painted the cabinet, top and handles so they somewhat match the microwave.  I've been looking for something to use to set my KitchenAid on, as it's too tall to fit on the counter. I love the color and how it turned out.

I got it because I've been looking for something to use to set my KitchenAid on, as it's too tall to fit on the counter. I was hoping to set up a baking area on the right end of the counter, over where all my baking supplies are. Well the best laid plans went awry when I didn't measure the depth of the counter, taking into account that the heat register and the base board take up some space. It's okay at the other end of the counter, but totally defeats the purpose I got it for. I also have other things in mind for that area. So the search goes on, and this can go downstairs in the someday to be art studio, as it will match my desk perfectly. 

As you can see by the mess on the counter I'm still unpacking and trying to decide where everything will go. For now I need to go hunt down my shoes. I know they're in one of those boxes somewhere.....

No comments:

Post a Comment