Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Enchanting Simplicity in Jewelry - a Silverware Pendant

 I'm sitting here enjoying the fleeting moments of quiet peaceful silence as I'm all alone for a bit. As a caretaker for my MIL that doesn't happen very often so I'm going to savor the time as I share what I've been up to. An old spoon handle was the inspiration for this lovely piece.  The spoon itself had seen better days, probably used many times over to serve some delicious casserole, or fluffy mashed potatoes. Did the spoon belong to only one owner before ending up in my stash, or was it passed down from mother to daughter or son? The story itself could be very intriguing!

As a lover of old things turned new or re-purposed  I separated the handle from the rest and created a pretty pendant.
Every nice necklace needs a matching pair of earrings as well. If you would like to purchase these stop by my etsy shop - Simply Sheryl's

No comments:

Post a Comment