Thursday, April 8, 2010

Straw Bale Gardening

I have discovered a different way to garden that I thought I would share with you. It's straw bale gardening. Some of the benefits are space, no need for a lot of soil, weed free, and easy on your back. There are several links on the internet talking about this process, but from what I can gather you want to stay away from hay bales which are full of weed seeds and go for straw. If you don't have much room to garden and your soil is poor this might be just the ticket for you. I would love to try this but here in our area I might be hard pressed to find straw. I will be on the hunt though. Here's the link to Nichol's Nursery that I found most informative. Let me know if you give it a try and what your results are. Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment